To be more painterly with my marquetry I decided I had to start putting significantly more detail into the picture. Flowers that might have had six or seven pieces when I started making furniture. To blend the tones it meant smaller pieces of wood and many, many more of them. So flowers become very complex.
My previous posting was one of the earlier tables. They had art nouveau inspired carved parts. I would guess that there was about four times as much time spent building the table as making the marquetry. At the same time I realized that the selling point of the furniture was the marquetry. The furniture was the frame, the vehicle for the picture. I thought I should be making more complex pictures and simpler frames.
This table was an attempt to go in that direction.